TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - As we enter construction season, crews are prepping for phase number two of a major project in Terre Haute.
Phase two of the 7th Street project was announced on Monday morning.
It's set to begin in April.
This phase will run from Hulman Street to just south of Wheeler.
Crews plan to remove the rails and ties underneath the road.
That's because of an old train and ties underneath the asphalt.
The entire street will need to be paved afterward.
Officials say the second part is not as complicated as the first phase of construction that happened last summer and fall.
It is expected to cost nearly $500,000.
- Second phase of 7th Street project set to begin soon
- Phase one on main street project begins
- Next phase of 7th Street construction starts
- Vincennes begins last phase of levee project
- South 7th Street reopens after construction project
- Clinton wastewater project phase II begins along Main Street next week
- Road Closed: Construction begins on part of south 7th Street
- Gas lines on 7th Street delay construction project
- 7th Street project weeks away from wrapping up
- Miracle on 7th Street preparations underway