ROBINSON, Ill. (WTHI) - Expect to see more police on the road this New Year's Eve.
Robinson Police officers will be out in force.
The extra patrols are part of an increase this holiday season.
The department also increased patrols on Christmas Eve.
Officers will be on the look-out for drunk driving, cell phone usage, and seat belt violations.
The increased patrols are thanks to a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Sergeant Dan Strauch told us the department wants to keep everyone safe this holiday season.
"Of course it's always associated with a lot of parties. A lot of alcohol involved. We just want people to make smart choices and to have a ride...have a designated driver," Sgt. Straunch said.
Robinson's increased patrols wrap up on January 2nd.
- Robinson PD increases patrols for New Year's Eve
- Robinson police increase patrols through the new year
- New K-9 Team Patrolling in Robinson
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- A Sober New Year's Eve
- Illinois police increasing patrols over New Year’s holiday
- Arrest made in New Year's Eve stabbing
- Weather Trends for New Years Eve
- Knox county sheriff's dept. increases patrols on bus routes
- Illinois State Police to increase patrols under "Operation Lambert"