TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Traffic is closed off to drivers in the area of 14th and Locust Streets in Terre Haute through Monday.
That's after a sinkhole was recently discovered.
We've been told a clay sewer tile broke under the asphalt causing the roadway to collapse.
Water crews were working in the area when the hole appeared.
Concrete was poured into the hole on Thursday.
- Road closed after sinkhole was discovered expected to reopen Monday
- Sullivan County road reopens sooner than expected
- Ohio Street reopens as crews repair a massive sinkhole
- Crews close downtown Terre Haute intersection after massive sinkhole develops
- Sinkhole forms in New Goshen
- 4th and Ohio Streets to reopen Friday morning after sinkhole repairs
- Downtown sinkhole should be fixed by Wednesday
- Crews work on another Terre Haute sinkhole
- Vincennes road partially reopens as construction continues
- Icy road conditions expected later in weekend