SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We've received phone calls and emails into our newsroom from concerned parents wondering why there were police officers at North Central High School in Farmersburg.
Right away, we went digging for answers.
News 10 obtained this letter sent home to students, parents, and staff.
School officials say they contacted police to investigate a possible threat from a student at the school.
Police launched an investigation, where they say the student's parents fully cooperated, allowing detectives to search the home.
The letter says there were no confirmed threats found.
You can read the full letter below:
"Dear NESC Students, Parents and Staff,
Over the weekend the school was made aware of a possible threat at North Central High School. Upon notification the school immediately called the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department and the Indiana State Police to report the possible threat. A detective went to the student’s home to investigate. The detective was able to speak with the student and parents who cooperated fully with the investigation. The parents allowed the detective to conduct a search of the home for possible threats. None were confirmed.
Officers were also on campus Monday morning to meet with the parent, student and administration involved in the situation. Officers will have a presence in the building over the course of the week to help ensure safety of all students and staff.
We want to stress that this situation is being taken very seriously by the NESC administration and the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department. We will continue to work together to provide a safe environment for our students and staff.
NESC Supt. Mark Baker"
- Police investigate potential threat at North Central High School in Farmersburg
- Suspects Arrested in Farmersburg Bank Robbery Investigation
- Police investigating robbery at First Financial Bank in Farmersburg
- Farmersburg minor confesses to vandalizing park
- Fire at Brampton Brick in Farmersburg
- North Central High School receives a special delivery
- Threat found in Paris High School bathroom, investigation underway
- Farmersburg man takes plea deal in child neglect case
- Town on alert as vandalism on the rise in Farmersburg
- North Central High School will donate bench to Terre Haute South High School