PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A traffic stop on I-70 Wednesday morning took around $1 million worth of pot off the street.
That's according to Indiana State Police.
It happened near the 41 mile-marker in Putnam County.
Police say they did a routine stop of a commercial vehicle.
During the inspection, troopers say they noticed several 'criminal indicators.'
When they searched the trailer they found 260 lbs of marijuana.
Police say the pot was hidden with a legitimate shipment of fresh lettuce.
The driver, 33-year-old Jorge Blanco-Diaz of Miami, Florida, and a passenger, 40-year-old Adan Labanio Delacruz of Cutler Bay, Florida, were taken to the Putnam County Jail on charges of dealing marijuana.
- Police find nearly $1 million worth of pot during I-70 traffic stop
- Police find 75 lbs of pot during I-70 traffic stop
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Two traffic stops in Illinois net more than $1 million in pot
- Police find stolen handgun during Terre Haute traffic stop
- Police find homemade pipe bomb during Terre Haute traffic stop
- Police seize over 100 pounds of pot during 2 separate Indiana traffic stops
- Clean up efforts back up traffic on I-70
- Two arrested on I-70, accused of having millions of dollars worth of marijuana and THC vape cartridges
- Semi overturns at I-70 exit