PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Parke County man is behind bars after police say he took off with a child during an emergency situation.
Police arrested Phillip Burchett. He faces charges of child neglect.
Parke County Sheriff Justin Cole says the 911 call started as a potential overdose.
When police arrived on the scene with paramedics, Burchett allegedly took the child from the home and left.
The child was found safe shortly after.
Burchett is being held on a $10,000 bond.
- Parke County man accused of taking off with child during emergency situation, faces neglect charges
- Parke County man charged with neglect when police say he hurt a child while drunk
- Farmersburg man takes plea deal in child neglect case
- Man facing charges for child molestation
- ISP confirms child neglect investigation underway in Martin County
- Schools face concerns after active shooter situation
- Clay County man charged with child molesting
- Man facing child molesting charges appears in court
- Indiana man charged with neglect after toddler shoots sister
- UPDATE: Greene County man faces child molestation charges turns himself in