CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is dead after a Friday morning crash in Clay County.
it happened around 5:30 Friday morning on State Road 59 near County Road 1350 north.
30-year-old Seth Cornell of Kingman, Indiana was killed in the crash.
Police say Cornell was driving south on 59 when he tried to pass several vehicles in a no passing zone.
That is when authorities say Cornell crashed into a C.A.R.S. transport bus.
When first responders arrived on the scene, they found Cornell's vehicle on fire, with him still trapped inside.
They attempted to rescue him, but say the fire became too intense.
Cornell was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the bus, 31-year-old Philip Pierce of Brazil was taken to a Terre Haute hospital for observation.
- Victim identified in Clay County fatal crash
- Authorities identified teenage victim in fatal crash
- Officials working to identify fatal crash victim
- Police identify victim of fatal Knox County motorcycle crash
- Police identify victim in fatal Knox County crash
- Police identify victim in fatal Clark County crash
- Police identify man in Clay County I-70 motorcycle crash
- UPDATE: victims in fatal Sullivan County accident identified
- Driver involved fatal Edgar County truck crash facing several charges, police identify victim
- Police identify three teens involved in fatal Greene County crash