MATTOON, Ill. (WTHI) - The next court hearing has been set for a teenager suspected in a school shooting at Mattoon High School in Mattoon, Illinois.
The 15-year-old will go to court on April 19th in Coles County.
Police say the boy took a gun to the school and opened fire in the cafeteria.
Quick action by a teacher stopped the attacked.
A judge ordered the Illinois Department of Human Services to evaluate the boy.
- Mattoon 15-year-old accused in school shooting has new court date set
- 15-year-old accused Mattoon school shooter has potential to face adult prison time
- Hearing for Mattoon High School shooting suspect rescheduled
- Teen involved in Mattoon school shooting receives the maximum sentence
- Man accused in Halloween night shooting receives court date
- Defense will ask judge to move accused Mattoon school shooter to a different facility
- Sentencing date set for woman accused of killing her boyfriend
- Mattoon High School teaming up with law enforcement to discuss emergency response to recent shooting
- Mattoon teacher credited with saving lives during school shooting incident honored
- Dec 6th trial date set for Tanoos