SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Freelandville man has died after an equipment fire in a Sullivan County mine.
It happened last Friday at the Bear Run Mine in Duggar.
Peabody Energy operates the mine.
A spokesperson told us the man involved was a 60-year-old contract employee.
According to police, the victim was using a 'large-haul truck' when it suddenly caught fire.
The driver jumped from the truck.
The victim was transported to Regional Hospital in Terre Haute, where he later died.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration is still investigating the incident.
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Sullivan County man dies in tractor accident
- Early morning accident caused power outages in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County sheriff piecing together night of fire victim's accident
- UPDATE: victims in fatal Sullivan County accident identified
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Terre Haute man dies in Montgomery County construction accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident