TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A free class is helping students get certified so they can find work.
It's all part of the Surface Mining Class.
It is being offered through Ivy Tech Community College.
Students will get hands-on experience while learning about mine safety and government regulations.
By the end of the course, students will earn their required training hours and eligibility to be hired.
It's offered at Ivy Tech locations in both Terre Haute and Linton.
To learn more about class dates and contact information, click here.
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- Ivy Tech offers scholarship for Volunteer First Responders
- Ivy Tech offers opportunity to shadow Diesel Technology Program
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech's Precision Ag facility grows
- Ivy Tech students receive hands-on experience
- Ivy Tech holds Express Enrollment Day
- Ivy Tech Community College MRI Certificate
- Ivy Tech holds 15th CNC Graduation