TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Jon Ford wants to increase retirement benefits for police officers and firefighters.
Senate Bill 85 would increase how much first responders receive.
The plan would increase their monthly retirement benefit by two percent.
They would also receive one percent of that salary for every six months of active service over 20 years.
This bill also gives surviving spouses more money.
- Indiana Senator Jon Ford drafts bill to increase first responder retirement benefits
- Dems respond to Omar by drafting anti-Semitism resolution
- Jon Stewart rips lawmakers for not showing up to 9/11 responders hearing
- Report: Indiana suicide rate increases
- Indiana Senator hopes to establish foster parent "Bill of Rights"
- Indiana Senate approves carryout Sunday alcohol sales bill
- Indiana Senate panel delays vote on hate crime bill
- Indiana Senate approves bill to make firefly state insect
- Indiana Senate passes bill easing cannabis oil restrictions
- Indiana Senate Bill 2 passes unanimously in committee