TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute college says it's welcoming a record-breaking freshman class.
But we're not talking about the number coming in, we're talking about what they bring to the table.
Indiana State University says this is the highest performing class of incoming freshmen in school history,
The stats came down from the university on Tuesday.
They say new students have the highest SAT and GPA scores in the university's recorded history.
They're thrilled about that stat and say it bodes well for both the students and the university.
The school also released population numbers
There are more than 2,400 students starting their college careers at ISU.
The school has a total population of a little more than 13,000 students.
- ISU welcomes a record-breaking freshman class
- Rose-Hulman welcomes incoming freshman
- ISU students head back to class
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods welcomes record-setting new class for move-in day
- ISU ready to welcome students of all backgrounds
- ISU students welcome more housing options as The Annex opens
- Police welcome kids to class in Olney with high-fives
- Online holiday shopping could break record
- ISU Speaker Series welcomes man that helped stop Paris, France terror attack
- March through the Arch event held at Indiana State University to welcome the class of 2023