TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - This is a big week for what's next in the Vigo County Jail.
We've reported on the proposal to put the jail on the former International Paper property.
Now, some people are voicing their concerns.
Opponents of the plan have placed yard signs around Terre Haute.
They say "No Jail On River" and encourage people to attend an upcoming Terre Haute City Council meeting.
The meeting is happening Thursday evening.
That is when the city council will consider the Vigo County Commissioner's rezoning request.
If council members deny the request, the county will have to rework its plans.
You can attend the meeting.
It starts at 6:00 in the Terre Haute City Hall courtroom.
- Group encourages Terre Haute residents to speak out against a proposed new jail location at city council meeting
- Terre Haute City Council hears rezoning proposal for potential Vigo County Jail location
- Two Terre Haute City Council members question county zoning process for potential jail location
- Rezoning request for proposed new jail site in Terre Haute City Council's hands
- City council proposes change to future meetings
- Rezoning eastside property discussed at Terre Haute City Council meeting
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes
- Take Two: Terre Haute City Council to meet for a second time to rezone International Paper property for jail
- Terre Haute hosts swim meet
- Groups meet for networking opportunity in downtown Terre Haute