OAKTOWN, Ind. (WTHI) - An investigation is underway after a man was found dead in a Knox County coal mine on Friday.
According to officials from Sunrise Coal, 34-year-old Jason Williams was killed in an accident.
Williams was from Bloomfield.
It happened around noon.
The representative says the accident happened while Williams was driving a "mantrip" underground.
No other injuries were reported.
In a statement, Sunrise Coal said:
"Sunrise and its employees are deeply saddened by the loss of our co-worker and friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with Jason’s family."
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Sullivan County man dies in tractor accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Montgomery County construction accident
- One dead in Wednesday afternoon Greene County accident
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Greene County man found guilty of murder
- UPDATE: Missing Greene County man located
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class