COLES COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Friday morning a man sentenced to more than 60 years for sexual assault did not appear in court as scheduled.
Barry Wolfe is the former coach of the Central Illinois Storm Basketball team who entered a guilty plea last year.
He has since asked a judge to remove his guilty plea and reset the case for trial.
That hearing was Friday morning with the intent to argue a potential change in a plea agreement.
A lockdown also occurred during the time of the hearing at the Menard Correctional Center, where he is being housed.
The lockdown prevented inmates from leaving the facility which stopped him from being moved to the courthouse.
Assistant State's Attorney, Tom Bucher, told News 10 that the Department of Corrections also didn't receive the notice to bring Wolfe to court, which also plays into his absence.
Bucher informed us that his office did, in fact, file it back in early February.
Victims looked frustrated leaving the courtroom knowing there was a change in hearing.
"I told them as we were leaving the courtroom, the wheels of justice turn slowly and this is part of the reason why. It's justice delayed for the victims in this case," said Bucher.
Wolfe will appear in court for his next hearing on April 26th at 9 a.m.
- Former youth coach accused of child sex crimes did not appear in court to argue a change in plea agreement
- Former youth basketball coach enters a guilty plea on four of 55 sex crime charges
- Former youth basketball coach files motion to change guilty plea
- "High school was a living hell." Former youth basketball coach sentenced for sex crimes
- Robinson man sentenced for child sex crimes
- Couple charged with child sex crimes, and incest enter not guilty plea, request public defenders
- Suspect in barricade situation enters plea agreement
- Bicknell officer avoids trial through plea agreement
- Terre Haute man accused of sex crimes enters a guilty plea
- Owen County man arrested for child sex crimes