TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - There's progress on getting Margaret Avenue in Terre Haute open to traffic again.
Crews have started paving.
They've put down the first layer of asphalt on one lane.
It's part of the on-going overpass project.
The goal is to keep traffic moving when trains come through the area.
There's still a lot of paving to be done.
Late last month, officials told us the overpass could be open before the end of the year.
- Crews start the asphalting process of Margaret Avenue project
- Margaret Avenue overpass project ahead of schedule
- Margaret Avenue overpass officially reopens
- Margaret Avenue project continues, street closures to be aware of
- Margaret Avenue to fully reopen on Wednesday
- Crews begin work to place finishing touches on Margaret Avenue overpass
- Construction on Margaret Avenue overpass ahead of schedule
- The Margaret avenue overpass said to open on Wednesday
- Businesses and drivers celebrate the reopening of Margaret Avenue
- Crews start construction project on Parke County road