TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Commissioners discussed potential plans for the former International Paper property on Tuesday morning.
During the meeting, they approved a resolution that would allow the property to be leased.
They will allow people or businesses to lease the land, as opposed to buying it.
Commissioners say leasing the property keeps it in the county's control.
They say several people have brought ideas to them that would be good for the community.
In another move, the City of Terre Haute will be allowed to buy three acres.
Crews will use the property while building a new lift station for the city.
- Commissioners vote to lease part of the former International Paper property
- International Paper Property Update
- County Looks to Lease former International Papers Property to Investors
- Old International Paper property back in the running for new jail location
- Single bid for former International Paper property involves a possible music venue
- Family announces plans to turn part of International Paper site into music venue
- ON HOLD: International Paper rezoning request put on hold
- International Paper donates $1,000 to Vigo County CASA
- Take Two: Terre Haute City Council to meet for a second time to rezone International Paper property for jail
- After jail plans at former International Property fell through, commissioners bat around other ideas for the land