GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A 28-year-old woman is facing 12 felonies for forgery and theft.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Amber Ankney.
Ankney worked for Austin Memorial Arts in Bloomfield from May of 2018 through October of 2018.
Her uncle, Richard King owns the business.
According to court documents, King discovered discrepancies with the finances.
In the beginning, Ankney told police two co-workers were threatening her to 'write them checks.'
Throughout the investigation, Ankney admitted to stealing and writing as many as 50 fraudulent checks.
Investigators say those totaled more than $11,000.
- Arrest warrant issued for a woman that allegedly stole thousands from her uncle's business in Greene County
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- State wide Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Officials: Warrant served, meth found, three arrested
- Bloomington man charged after allegedly having sex with 14-year-old Greene County girl
- Bridge victim’s grieving uncle lashes out at ‘incompetence’
- Wanted Parke County woman arrested
- Edgar County woman arrested for stealing thousands from a community organization
- Woman sentenced for stealing thousands from Vigo County auto shop
- Rockville woman arrested on warrants after being treated for an overdose