VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Assessor has released how many of you will appeal your property tax assessments this year.
Debbie Lewis told News 10 her office received 1,191 notices of appeal.
Meanwhile, the Harrison Township Assessor's Office received 658 notices.
In total, that's 1,849.
Lewis will begin holding formal hearings in October.
Letters notifying property owners will be sent soon.
Property owners will be expected to bring what's called 'Evidence of Value' to the hearing.
Lewis said most informal hearings lead to resolutions between property owners and the county.
- Almost 2,000 Vigo County residents file for property tax appeal
- Vigo County residents will soon be receiving property tax bills
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing
- Vigo County Property Tax deadline approaching
- Wabash Valley Family Sports Center appeals denied property tax exemption
- The Vigo County property tax deadline is Thursday
- Vigo County sends property tax bills to landowners
- Deadline to pay property taxes in Vigo County is approaching
- Tax Sale Auction to be held in Vigo County, parcels up for grabs for property owners
- Answers to your property tax assessment questions