MARSHALL, Ill. (WTHI) - Marshall, Illinois city officials say they're $500,000 short of the current costs for a new city pool.
They talked about their plans Monday night at a city council meeting.
Recent bids came in higher than expected.
Now council members are trying to figure out how to reduce the costs of the pool.
Right now, the project will cost an estimated $3.7 million.
But city officials say that isn't final.
The city has committed over $2 million.
The pool committee has donated $1 million.
City council members say they'll be looking for more fundraising to meet the cost of the pool.
- Marshall city officials meet over pool costs
- Marshall, Illinois pool nearing completion
- City of Marshall opens bids for new pool
- New Marshall pool receives its new slide
- Bloomfield officials holding fundraiser for the city pool
- Bidding for Marshall Pool moved back to December
- Marshall pool project one step closer to reality
- Crews break ground on new pool in Marshall, Illinois
- WATCH: City of Marshall posts time-lapse video of pool construction
- Marshall recycling center costing more, people breaking rules