New year, new (richer by $425 million) you.
It could happen, if you're lucky enough to have the winning numbers in your hand. The New Year's Day numbers drawn Tuesday night are 34, 44, 57, 62, 70 and a gold Mega Ball of 14.
Holidays and observances
New Year's Day
Amusements and gaming
Leisure and lifestyle
The New Year's Day Mega Millions jackpot is the eighth largest in its history, after the December 28 drawing named no big winners. Last Friday's winning numbers were 9, 10, 25, 37 and 38 and the gold Mega Ball was 21.
This is the fifth time the jackpot has been drawn on the first day of a new year and has so far only been won once on that day, in 2008.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states as well as Washington, D.C., and the US Virgin Islands.
Unsure of what to do with the extra cash?
There are options -- that is, if you beat the 1 in 302 million odds of winning the jackpot.
- New Year's numbers drawn in the eighth largest jackpot in the history of Mega Millions
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $1.6 billion. It's now the largest US lottery jackpot ever.
- Mega Millions winning numbers are ...
- Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots total $420M
- $191.1M Powerball jackpot claimed in Louisiana, largest in state history
- Powerball + Mega Millions = $690 million
- Mega Millions jackpot grows -- with next drawing on New Year's Day
- Mega Millions drawing: No big winner as jackpot hits $418 million
- Mega Millions drawing: One winner in Friday's $450 million jackpot lottery
- He won the $533 million Mega Millions jackpot the second time he played