After spending a week with her head stuck in a mayonnaise jar behind a Pasco Fire Rescue station, this little fox is given a fitting name - Miracle.
She was found behind Pasco Fire Rescue Station 26. Firefighter Joseph Skanks was the first person to spot the stuck animal.
"I told the guys there's a fox with a jar on it's head, everybody got up, came out, and we were amazed that he was just sitting there," Skanks said.
Skanks and the crew tried to catch the fox, but no one could grab her. They called in Owl's Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife to help.
"I just couldn't stand the thought of this poor innocent creature out there suffering," said volunteer Kelly Thomas.
For five days, twice a day, Thomas tried to catch her.
"I don't know how she survived, I don't know how she was breathing," Thomas said.
With the help of a trapper, Thomas finally caught the fox and freed her from the mayonnaise jar.
"She went a week without any food or water which is amazing," Thomas added.
Volunteers with Owl's Nest say they constantly see wildlife hurt or killed by trash.
"Plastic, fishing line, little rings from water bottles," Thomas said.
Recently she and her kids cleaned up a local pond and found piles of junk.
She said that if everyone picked up just a little trash it would go a long way to helping wildlife.
As for Miracle, volunteers gave her some liquids and brought her back to her mom.
- Fox with head stuck in jar for a week rescued
- Coyote Rescued after Wandering Around with Jar Stuck on Its Head
- A Doe Dilemma: What Will Happen To Deer Spotted With Jar Stuck To Her Jaw?
- Trump's score-settling creates jarring contrast
- Cow stuck in swimming pool rescued by firefighters
- Crews rescue hiker stuck for 4 days in park
- Wildlife officers rescue bear stuck in storm drain
- Trump's attacks on Judge Curiel are still jarring to read
- Missing 15-year-old dog found stuck deep in mud in Vancouver, rescued by stranger
- Impromptu 'Fox & Friends' interview caps President Trump's wild media week