A man faces several charges after investigators say he assaulted a woman and threatened her with a machete in the parking lot of the BI-LO grocery store in Waynesville.
Shaun Conard is charged with first-degree kidnapping, assault by strangulation, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, and larceny of a stolen vehicle, among other charges.
The BI-LO manager said he witnessed the incident around 6:30 a.m. Monday and called the police.
The victim was treated for minor injuries.
Conard is scheduled to be back in court June 27.
- Police: Man charged with threatening woman with a machete in grocery store parking lot
- PD: Man robbed a Stratford convenience store with a machete
- Man Accused of Robbing Store with Machete Arrested
- Woman helps homeless man, store calls police
- Multiple people shot at Atlanta grocery store
- Machete-wielding woman charged with assault after storming into BP station
- Friends say man's right hand severed in machete attack
- Man charged with threatening federal judge
- Man charged after allegedly robbing fast food employee with a machete