An Idaho Falls man is dead after a fatality crash involving two semi trucks on Interstate 80 in Nebraska.
Nebraska State Patrol reports Rollo Ward, 61, was pronounced dead at the scene after the semi he was driving eastbound lost control, entered the median, and struck a semi that had previously become stranded, according to a patrol news release.
The crash occurred on Friday during a blizzard in western Nebraska. NSP reports the blizzard caused major problems on the roadway leaving many drivers stranded in freezing temperatures. On one section of the road at least 50 vehicles were stranded and school buses had to be brought in to rescue drivers.
- Local trucker dies in crash during Nebraska blizzard
- Blizzard vs snow storm explained
- Trucker shortage could mean more expensive goods
- 4 million people under blizzard warnings
- Truckers park under overpass after man threatens to jump off
- Millions under blizzard warning as winter storm impacts holiday travel
- 'Blizzard of Aahhh's': 'Punk' antiheroes launched skiing's extreme generation
- Nebraska Medicine performs first heart-lung transplant in state
- New legislative bill helps sex trafficking victims in Nebraska