(CNN) -- President Donald Trump signed a major budget deal into law early Friday morning, hours after Congress voted to end a brief government shutdown overnight. The House of Representatives voted 240-186. The GOP-controlled chamber needed help from House Democrats to clear the bill, and 73 Democratic members gave it. Sixty-seven House Republicans voted against the plan. The colossal bill, which lawmakers have been negotiating for months, is a game-changing piece of legislation, clearing the decks for Congress in dealing with major spending issues as well as doling out disaster relief money and hiking the debt ceiling which was set to be reached next month.
(CNN) -- President Donald Trump signed a major budget deal into law early Friday morning, hours after Congress voted ...
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 4:28 PM
Updated: Feb 9, 2018 4:28 PM
- URGENT - Trump signs massive budget deal after Congress votes to reopen government
- Trump signs massive budget deal after Congress votes to reopen government
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- URGENT - Schumer: We will vote today to reopen the government
- Congress expected to vote Thursday on massive budget bill: What to watch
- URGENT - Federal government shuts down
- Congress sends massive 5-year farm bill to Trump's desk
- Trump signs spending bill, blasts Congress
- Kerala struggling to deal with massive floods
Scroll for more content...