Actress Kim Cattrall, known for her role on "Sex and the City," took to social media early Sunday to ask her fans for help in searching for her missing brother, Christopher Cattrall.
Less than 24 hours later, Canadian police announced he had been found dead.
"It is with great sadness that myself and my family announce the unexpected passing of our son and brother, Chris Cattrall," Kim Cattrall posted on Twitter Sunday afternoon.
Corporal Chris Warren, media relations representative with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, said officers found Christopher Cattrall, 55, on his rural property in Blackfalds, Alberta.
Warren did not provide a cause of death, but said the death was not suspicious.
Authorities did not give specifics of how or when Chris Cattrall's body was found, nor did they say why the death was not considered suspicious.
Kim Cattrall said that her brother had been missing since last Tuesday.
In her post, Cattrall said her brother left his keys, cell phone and wallet on the table of his home, and his front door unlocked. "This is not like Chris," she wrote. "He he would never leave his unlocked home without those items nor his 7 beloved dogs."
- Kim Cattrall's brother found dead in Canada
- Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker's unfortunate feud
- Los detalles de la desafortunada pelea entre Kim Cattrall y Sarah Jessica Parker
- 'Sex and the City's' Jason Lewis is 'Team SJP' in the Kim Cattrall spat
- Hermano de actriz Kim Cattrall, de 'Sex and the City', fue hallado muerto en Canadá
- Matt 'Guitar' Murphy, Blues Brothers guitarist, dead at 88
- Missing CDC employee found dead
- Largest known diamond in North America found in Canada
- Son of man who stole dead boy's identity: 'My brothers and I had always wished he had found peace'
- Deputy's K9 found dead in North Port