(CNN) -- The Justice Department has informed lawmakers that a trove of missing text messages exchanged between FBI employees has been recovered. The messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page are of particular interest to Republicans who believe there is an anti-Donald Trump bias at the FBI. Strzok, who was romantically involved with Page, was a member of the FBI team investigating Hillary Clinton's email server and, later, a member of Robert Mueller's special counsel operation looking into Russia's attempt to interfere in the 2016 election. In a letter to lawmakers that was made public on Thursday, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote that this week his office was able to recover texts sent between Strzok and Page over a five-month span from December 2016 to May 2017.
(CNN) -- The Justice Department has informed lawmakers that a trove of missing text messages exchanged between FBI em...
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 9:31 PM
Updated: Jan 25, 2018 9:31 PM
- URGENT - DOJ watchdog says missing texts recovered
- DOJ watchdog says missing texts recovered
- DOJ Inspector Gen says missing texts recovered
- DOJ watchdog finds Comey violated FBI norms
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- House GOP presses DOJ watchdog on bias in Clinton investigation
- DOJ says no wrongdoing in release of FBI agent's texts
- DOJ spokeswoman: Meaning of 'secret society' text message is unclear
- DOJ: FBI texts create an appearance of bias
Scroll for more content...