(CNN) -- President Donald Trump on Friday denied describing certain nations as "shithole countries" during a meeting in which he rejected a bipartisan deal on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!" Trump tweeted. White House spokesperson Raj Shah did not deny the "shithole" remark on Thursday evening, but instead said in a statement that Trump "is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation."
(CNN) -- President Donald Trump on Friday denied describing certain nations as "shithole countries" during a meeting ...
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 1:45 PM
Updated: Jan 12, 2018 1:45 PM
- URGENT - Trump denies making 'shithole countries' comment
- Trump denies making 'shithole countries' comment
- Sanders: Trump's 'shithole' comment appalling
- URGENT - Durbin asserts Trump said 'shithole countries,' disputing Republicans' account
- Paul Ryan: shithole comments "unfortunate"
- Dick Durbin admonishes Trump for 'shithole' comments
- Late night reacts to Trump's 'shithole' comments
- Jay-Z slams Trump's 'shithole' comments
- WaPo: Trump slurs immigrants from 'shithole' countries
- Trump slams immigrants from 'shithole countries'
Scroll for more content...