One woman was arrested after a massive brawl erupted Saturday night at a Christmas toy giveaway in Detroit, police said.
It happened at about 7 p.m. at the Tower Center Mall on Detroit's west side.
The giveaway is held annually to provide Christmas gifts for kids in the city of Detroit.
"People are already under a lot of stress," said event organizer John Cromer. "I want to tell you that has nothing to do with toys making impacts."
Police said a 39-year-old woman was arrested after allegedly pulling a knife on a 30-year-old woman inside the building. The woman was not injured.
The suspect had two children with her at the time of the brawl, police. They were taken to the Detroit Police Second Precinct where family members picked them up.
Strike force units were called in to control the crowd, police added. Several hundred people were inside the building at the time of the brawl.
- Massive brawl erupts at Christmas toy giveaway in Detroit
- Brawl erupts on cruise ship
- Massive brawl breaks out in high school hallways
- Yellowstone's massive geyser keeps on erupting
- Watch the unusual eruptions of this massive geyser
- Four shot overnight in Detroit
- Local Family Lets Christmas Spirit Shine With Massive Light Display
- Trump's political brawl seeps into Senate race
- Toys for Tots ensures Christmas gifts for kids
- How the toy makers lost their Christmas magic