TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The investigation into Terre Haute Police Department Greg Ferency's shooting death remains active.
There's still a lot of information police aren't releasing at this point.
Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennet, Terre Haute Police Chief Shawn Keen, and FBI Special Agent Paul Keenan spoke during a Thursday morning press conference.
Here's what we learned during that press conference.
- The FBI has brought in crime scene experts from across the country
- Officials continue to gather and process evidence from the scene
- The still-unidentified suspect showed up at the federal office before Ferency exited the building
- Search warrants were served at several locations
- The suspect's vehicle was located at Regional Hospital in Terre Haute
Special Agent Keenan gave a description of how things happened on Wednesday.
He said," An agent inside our office heard the gunshots, came outside and engaged the suspect and fired at him. The suspect left the scene and drove himself to the hospital where he underwent surgery for his wounds and is currently in custody at the hospital."
Around 4:00 Thursday afternoon, the federal government confirmed the suspect's identity as Shane Meehan. Learn more about his charges here.