VERMILLION CO., Ind. (WTHI) - A Vermillion County, Ind. home was heavily damaged by an early morning fire.
Firefighters arrived at a home located at 303 N. 7th Street in Clinton around 3:00 a.m. Tuesday to a scene of flames erupting the upper section of the house.
After an investigation, crews determined the fire was started from an electrical malfunction with the wiring in the attic.
Luckily, firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic, and reported that no injuries occurred from the blaze. A family of two adults and three children, whose ages are 11, 12 and 14 years old, was displaced by the fire and the extent of damage to their home.
Even though the fire was contained to the attic, the entire house received smoke and water damage. Damage estimates have reached $35,000 to $50,000.
News 10 has been informed that the local chapter of the American Red Cross have stepped in to help the family.
Thursday night’s church fire in Prairie Creek in Vigo County was still smoldering Friday afternoon.
An assault leaves one man seriously injured.
The warmer weather is a thing of the past, and it's expected to get worse.
Local Marines helped spread some holiday cheer today.
Terre Haute Police filed citations against one Terre Haute towing business earlier this year. Andrews Towing and investigators were in city court Friday morning for the first time.
Seven new Indiana Conservation Officers officially joined the DNR Division of Law Enforcement during graduation ceremonies Friday at the Indiana Government Center South.