TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A fire breaks out at a Terre Haute apartment complex on Thursday morning.
Multiple emergency crews were called out to 1st and Crawford Streets in Terre Haute around 10:30 a.m. for a fire.
News 10 is told the fire broke out on the fourth floor of the apartment complex owned by Indiana State University.
Folks were evacuated due to the fire.
No one was injured.
Terre Haute Fire Department doesn't know the cause of the fire at this time.
Officials tell News 10, the fire does not affect Indiana State University's Early Childhood Education Center.
The holiday season is often a happy one for the whole family, but for those grieving the loss of a loved one it can be a difficult time of the year. One local family is carrying on the memory of their son during the holidays.
UPDATE: Around 9 a.m. on Saturday, the Terre Haute Police Department responded to the Statesman Inn room 144 at 1407 N 3rd Street. Officers found Randall Norton Jr, 21, with multiple stab wounds to his back and abdomen.
Update: The Washington Police Department is looking to speak with a person of interest in an ongoing death investigation.
Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family. For some people the term family goes beyond their children.
Thursday night’s church fire in Prairie Creek in Vigo County was still smoldering Friday afternoon.
UPDATE: An assault on Friday around 2 p.m. leaves one man seriously injured. Terre Haute Police responded to the 2100 block of Locust Street in Terre Haute after a report of a battery.