Updated: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
TERRE HAUTE, Ind., (WTHI) - Editorial Note: Terre Haute Police have not released the names of either the suspected stabber or the person who was stabbed, citing online threats against both men. Though the men’s names were mentioned during court proceedings Wednesday, we have not included them in our reporting out of concern for public safety. No charges have been filed against the suspected stabber.
Terre Haute Police arrested one woman Tuesday in connection with a two-week old stabbing case, though the woman is not accused of the stabbing itself.
The stabbing itself took place September 25 at a home in the 1500 block of Ohio Street. At the time, the alleged victim was taken to an Indianapolis hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Meanwhile, the accused stabber and a woman who had been on hand were questioned by police.
The accused stabber told authorities that the woman, Kaitlyn Thornberry, had sent him text messages asking him to come to the Ohio Street home. He also reportedly showed police messages on his phone between the two. The accused stabber told authorities he arrived at the home and found the alleged victim.
When questioned by police, Thornberry first denied sending text messages. When police checked her phone, they found no messages on her phone that were addressed to the alleged stabber. Thornberry also told investigators she had been asleep at the time of the stabbing.
Confronted by police, Thornberry later admitted that she had deleted text messages between herself and the accused stabber. She also told them she had been awake in a bedroom at the time of the stabbing.
Police arrested Thornberry on preliminary charges of Felony Obstruction of Justice and Misdemeanor False Informing. She is being held in the Vigo County Jail on a $10,000 cash bond. She is due back in court October 15.
So far, no one has been charged with the stabbing itself, though police said Wednesday the investigation continues and is “far from over. ” Assistant Chief Shawn Keen also warned against speculation about the case online.
“A great deal of information is being placed in public forums that is false and that contradicts video-tape evidence, photographs and, in some cases, the accounts of both men,” Keen said.
Keen also said police have limited the amount of information released about the case for fear publicity would hurt their investigation.
Those close to the alleged victim have expressed concern that no one has been arrested in the case and that few details have been made public.
Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. WTHI is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or off-topic remark or thread. To mark a comment for review by a moderator, click "Report Abuse."