CAYUGA, Ind. (WTHI) - High school sectionals always signal the end of the season for most of the teams in Indiana, but it means a little bit more for two Wabash Valley schools.
Turkey Run and Rockville are scheduled to consolidate at the end of the academic year, ending the two athletic programs. They'll combine to become the Parke Heritage Wolves.
It was only fitting that Turkey Run and Rockville squared off the class A sectional at North Vermillion on Friday night. It was another hard-fought matchup between the two rivals, but Rockville came away with a 65-55 win.
Emotions were mixed in the Warrior locker room after the game. It was the final contest in program history, and there was sadness that the season was over. But in there, as well, was optimism about the future.
Coach Jeff Thompson and Turkey Run seniors Nate Ferguson and Trenton Leonard share their feelings in a Sports 10 exclusive interview.
- Turkey Run reacts to final season, becoming Parke Heritage
- Riverton Parke swats Turkey Run
- Turkey Run upset Rockville at homecoming
- Turkey Run wins softball sectional opener
- North Vermillion wins Banks semifinal over Turkey Run
- Rockville girls' season ends in regional final
- Menser reacts to Jordan Barnes' record-breaking season
- Marshall rolls to consolation final
- Purdue opens season with win
- Shakamak season ends at regional