TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) - Nate Kennell hit 7 of 9 3-point attempts and scored a career-high 25 points to lead Bradley over Indiana State 81-73 on Sunday.
After the Sycamores held a lead for nearly nine minutes in the second half, Kennell made consecutive 3-pointers for a 70-64 lead with 2½ minutes remaining. Kennell added his final 3-pointer - his fifth of the half - plus two free throws for a nine-point lead with 36 seconds left.
Elijah Childs added 10 points and a game-high seven rebounds for the Braves (16-7, 6-4), who won their third straight and first Missouri Valley Conference road game this season after four away losses. The Braves shot 51 percent overall and 61 percent from the arc (11 of 18). Darrell Brown had eight assists.
Jordan Barnes made 4 of 10 from the arc and scored 19 points with five assists for the Sycamores (10-12, 5-5). Brenton Scott added 17 points.
- Kennell makes 7 3s in Bradley's first MVC road win, 81-73 over ISU
- ISU men open MVC with a win
- ISU men ready for MVC Tourney
- ISU to host first place team in MVC
- ISU baseball picked third in preseason MVC poll
- ISU Track & Field ready for MVC Outdoor Championships
- Greg Lansing humble to tie his mentor and late friend Royce Waltman in MVC wins at ISU
- ISU men win at Evansville
- ISU wins on senior night
- ISU baseball wins at Purdue