VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Drivers can expect to see flooded roads on their drive home Wednesday night!
Tabortown Road on the east side of Vigo County was closed due to standing water.
These are the conditions we're seeing across the Wabash Valley.
The ground is already wet plus the water is slow to drain. These conditions are causing flash flooding.
The Vigo County Emergency Management team says they're using sand bags to treat problem spots.
"That's an early indicator for us. So we watch those areas a little more often,” said J.D. Kesler, EMA director. “We're up there a few times a day just going through those areas to look at."
- ROAD CONDITIONS: Watch out for flooding as we see more rain throughout the week
- Farmers brace for flooding conditions this week
- Real Time Road Conditions
- Real time road conditions maps
- Road conditions in real time
- Drought conditions can be followed by flooding conditions
- Icy road conditions expected later in weekend
- State officials tout redesigned website with road conditions
- Indiana and Illinois road conditions in real time
- Sullivan County still recovering from icy road conditions