VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - People in Vigo County hope to make voting more accessible.
The group "Forward Together" shared its message outside of the Vigo County Courthouse on Monday.
Members held signs that read "More Voting Centers."
Vigo County leaders say they need to cut down on voting centers to save money.
Forward Together says this is voting suppression.
They say with more voting centers, more people will coming to the polls.
"Voting is basically the essential right of our democracy. So, I think it's really important that regardless of the cost...that's something you should invest in," Chase Meehan said.
The group plans to be outside of the courthouse again on Tuesday.
They invite anyone who would like to participate to attend.
The Vigo County Election Board will vote on the centers on Thursday.
- Voter suppression? One group says Vigo County officials making it harder to vote
- Vigo County opens additional early voting centers
- Early voting numbers up in Vigo County
- Storm hits some communities harder than others
- Kellogg's officially shutters their plant in Vigo County
- Officials say electrical problem caused house fire in Vigo County
- Look up: New tech being used by Vigo County officials
- Early voting in Vigo County will end Monday
- Vigo County Electoral Board still finalizing voting center locations