TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local group works year-round to support women fighting breast cancer.
On Thursday, PINK of Terre Haute got a little help of its own.
The Red Barn at Sycamore Farm went "PINK" for a fundraiser.
There was a dinner and silent auction.
Two Terre Haute North students put the event together for their DECA project.
"I think it was a lot of hard work. And I think it's all paid off. Everyone in the community was supportive of what we've done...and we're thankful for that support. I just think we couldn't have chosen a more deserving cause to do it for," Junior Mary Gatrell said.
Gatrell and her partner, Jenna Burd raised more than $10,000 for PINK of Terre Haute.
You can help the organization as well, click here to lend a hand.
- Two high school students raise $10k to support the fight against breast cancer
- Rose-Hulman Tusk Triathlon supports breast cancer
- Warrior Workouts to benefit breast cancer patients
- Breast cancer survivors join together to support the community and themselves
- Color run helps kick off Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Local intersection bears ribbon for breast cancer awareness
- FDA approves Eli Lilly pill for common advanced breast cancer
- Many breast cancer patients can skip chemo, big study finds
- IU unveils research center aimed at aggressive breast cancer
- Local High School Students go high tech