SINGAPORE (AP) — President Donald Trump says Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau “learned” from the mistake of criticizing him and it’s going to cost Canada “a lot of money.”
At a news conference Tuesday after his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Trump recounted his recent tough exchanges with Trudeau. He says the Canadian leader must not have realized that Trump had televisions on Air Force One, allowing him to monitor Trudeau’s news conference at the end of the G-7 summit.
The president also discussed the viral photo taken of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and others standing before him. Trump says it was snapped as they waited for changes he’d requested to the communique he ended up pulling out of.
Trump says it “didn’t look friendly” but it was “very friendly.”
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump: Trudeau's criticism will cost Canada ‘a lot of money'
- Pres. Trump admits making up trade claim in Trudeau talk
- Would the GOP tax plan save you money or cost you money?
- Vermillion County Sheriff warns of a scam that could cost you big money
- Your handwriting says a lot about you
- Majority of Terre Haute renters "cost-burdened"
- Marshall city officials meet over pool costs
- Little league break in will cost $2,000
- Canada could make billions from legal pot
- Feds process asylum-seekers from caravan criticized by Trump