TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County deputies have arrested a church pastor after he allegedly confronted an officer in a parking lot.
According to a deputy, Pastor Chris McKinney confronted him in a parking lot early Thursday morning.
When police followed McKinney to his home, the deputy said things escalated.
He was briefly hospitalized before being taken to jail.
McKinney is free on $500 bond.
He will be back in court on Wednesday to face a charge of resisting law enforcement.
A special prosecutor has been assigned to handle the case.
- Terre Haute pastor charged with resisting law enforcement
- Terre Haute pastor will stand trial this fall for resisting arrest
- Terre Haute man arrested on drug and battery charges after resisting arrest
- Surrounding law enforcement to help cover emergency calls in Terre Haute and Sullivan County
- Law enforcement strictly enforcing helmet law for young ATV riders
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges
- Terre Haute man charged with molestation
- Driver cited after Terre Haute crash ends in law office
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop