TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An inmate at the federal prison in Terre Haute has been sentenced for assaulting a correctional officer.
The United States Attorney’s Office reports Jackson J. Horrison, 49, was sentenced to 42 months.
“The correctional officers at the Bureau of Prisons have a very dangerous job managing the inmates there,” said United States Attorney Josh Minkler. “Protecting them is a priority of this office and we will not tolerate violence directed toward them.”
Horrison was already serving a 15 year sentence at the Federal Correctional Facility in Terre Haute for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
His conviction came from the Northern District of Alabama.
According to court documents, on March 19, 2017 Horrison caused a disturbance in the facility by smearing feces on his cell door and forcing the feces under his door and on to the range walkway.
Horrison was ordered by officers to show his hands so he could be handcuffed and then to move to the back of the cell.
The officers entered his cell and was charged at by Horrison. Officials report he punched the officer in his eye, bit the officer on the left bicep and held the bite for 15-20 seconds.
Horrison later told the officer, “I have Hepatitis C…and now you got it too.” BOP medical records verify that Horrison does have Hepatitis C but the officer did not contract any diseases from the bite.
Officials report Horrison must serve his 42 month sentence consecutive to his prior sentence.
- Terre Haute federal inmate sentenced for assaulting correctional officer
- Correctional Officer arrested, accused of trafficking with an inmate
- Federal Correctional Officer arrested for conspiracy, bribery and other charges
- Terre Haute man sentenced for burglary
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Amazon partners with Terre Haute Post Office
- Terre Haute couple arrested for federal and state drug charges
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- PLUS graduation helps inmates at wabash valley correctional facility
- Local man sentenced for his part in Terre Haute shooting