TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Take a moment to step back in time.. to 1958.
Dwight Eisenhower was president. Elvis was new to the music scene. And you could get gas at $0.23 a gallon. It's been 60 years since then.
And now, a Terre Haute Savings bank employee is celebrating their 60 year anniversary with the company!
Barbara Bruner celebrated 60 years with THSB Tuesday. She worked with the bank since after her 18th birthday, just after graduating from Gerstmeyer high school.
Bruner worked in several different departments. Currently, she is the vice president of loan servicing. She also trained many of the staff.
President of Terre Haute Savings Bank Bart Colwell says "she is still writing her legacy" even after 60 years.
Bruner says she hasn't given any thought to retirement.
- Terre Haute Savings Bank employee celebrates 60 years with the company
- Goodwill in Terre Haute celebrates 90 years
- Lee Company expanding in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute man sentenced to 60 years for January 2017 murder
- Terre Haute Savings Bank and Sycamore Engineering honored for service and longevity
- Local bank opens new West Terre Haute branch
- Terre Haute company announces plans to expand, adding new jobs
- Terre Haute company one step closer to expanding
- Bicentennial Celebration: West Terre Haute before it was West Terre Haute
- Mural party celebrates the new addition to downtown Terre Haute