CHARLESTON, Ill. (WTHI) - Officials have a suspect wanted in connection to a downtown Charleston fire that happened on Feb. 16.
Officials report they were called to 506 Monroe for a fire just after 1:45 a.m. (CT).
This is the location of Mother's Bar that also has apartments above the business. Two residents had to be rescued off the roof and three others had to be rescued from inside the building.
Firefighters were on scene for the majority of the morning and in the end, nine residents were displaced from their homes.
Officials report their investigation revealed that the fire had been intentionally set.
Brian T. Griffin, 29 of Charleston, is wanted for aggravated arson. Police report he formerly lived in Chicago.
If you know anything about his whereabouts, contact police.
- Suspect wanted in connection to Charleston downtown fire
- 8 residents displaced after fire in downtown Charleston
- VCSO: Suspect wanted in connection to a Thanksgiving Day stabbing
- Mother arrested for death of 2-year-old in Charleston, Illinois
- Attorney named for Charleston woman charged in son's murder
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute
- Crime Stoppers: Two suspects wanted in connection to a credit card theft
- Crime Stoppers: Two suspects wanted in connection to thefts, burglaries at Futurex Industries
- Suspect wanted in connection to armed robbery at Terre Haute Subway
- Two suspects wanted in connection to theft at the Ohio Building