EDGAR COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - One person is taken to the Edgar County Jail after an early morning arrest.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday.
The Edgar County Sheriff's Office says a Deputy was patrolling in Brocton, Illinois, (Edgar County). That's where the Deputy noticed a suspicious vehicle.
Officials say the Deputy tried to catch up to the vehicle when a pursuit started. They say the vehicle took a dead end street in Brocton. That's where the suspect was taken into custody.
Officials say the suspect was from Dalton City, Illinois. They say a K9 officer got a hit on the suspect's car. That's where the Deputy found a large amount of cash and meth in a hidden compartment in the car.
Officials say they also found items that indicated packaging and sales of meth.
They say the suspect was booked into the Edgar County Jail.
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- Terre Haute man who entered Edgar County Sheriff's Office heavily armed officially charged
- Terre Haute man arrested after entering Edgar County Sheriff's Dept. heavily armed, claiming to be federal agent
- Four arrested on drug charges in Parke County
- Four arrested in Daviess County on drug charges
- Martin County Sheriff's Deputy arrested on drug charges
- Several arrested on drug charges in Clinton
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges