PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Sullivan woman is behind bars after investigators say she tried traffic drugs into the Putnamville Correctional Facility.
Officials with the prison say Christina Pupo was visiting inmate Christopher Webster.
The prison's Office of Investigations and Intelligence learned that Pupo may attempt to bring drugs into the prison.
That is when they set up surveillance.
While watching her, investigators say Pupo tried to hide what appeared to be Suboxone in some food she bought for Webster.
Prison officials stopped her before she returned to Webster, and started questioning her.
Investigators say Pupo admitted to trafficking drugs in for Webster two different times.
She is currently in the Putnam County Jail.
- Sullivan woman arrested trying to traffic drugs into prison
- Traffic stop leads to drug arrest in Vermillion County
- LOCATED: Police find missing Sullivan County woman
- Arrests up 20 percent in Sullivan County
- Wanted man arrested in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- One hospitalized, one arrested following afternoon fire in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County man arrested after string of burglaries
- Five arrested after meth bust in Sullivan County