TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 has learned the man suspected of killing a woman on Monday as a lengthy criminal history.
On Tuesday, Terre Haute Police Chief John Plasse identified the man suspected in Monday's shooting on Putnam Street as Mikey Reynolds.
According to court records requested by News 10, Reynolds has been incarcerated three times for various crimes.
We learned another man has been arrested in connection with the Putnam Street shooting.
A judge found probable cause for the arrest of Tersh Scamihorn for false informing.
He told police he was at the home of Robert Lawrence on Putnam Street.
Court documents indicate Lawrence, more commonly known as R-D was the second person shot on Monday.
He told police he was there for only a short time and that he wasn't aware Amanda Kerns was there.
Police say Lawrence told them Scamihorn was there to help him move and Kerns came there that morning.
The court documents in Scamihorn's case told us something else about that day.
Lawrence told police that Kerns said Mikey Reynolds was threatening to kill her because they had broken up.
Reynolds' Facebook age indicates the two had been dating since his release from prison in 2016.
Indiana Department of Corrections records shows Reynolds was released on January 16th of 2016 after serving time for dealing meth.
Records also show that Reynolds did time starting in September of 2000.
He was sentenced to eight years in prison for burglary, attempted armed robbery, and criminal recklessness.
- Police: Victim identified Avenue standoff shooter as Mikey Reynolds
- Police identify officers that fired fatal shots at Mikey Reynolds
- Court documents reveal more information on Lakrista Julian's connection to officer shooting
- How did accused shooter Mikey Reynolds escape the police perimeter? We asked THPD's chief
- "We have to be better than this..." Chief John Plasse on Mikey Reynolds escape
- Prosecutor's office to release findings on Mikey Reynolds police action shooting this week
- Court documents reveal school corporation filed lawsuit, Judge shared table with defendant
- Las Vegas Shooting: Unsealed documents reveal new details
- Court documents reveal more details about shooting that led to the death of 17-year-old William Garrett Sands