VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Flood warnings are in effect for all area rivers and streams.
We've seen the damage water is causing in northern parts of the viewing area and now southern counties are preparing.
Storm Team 10’s Brady Harp went to Praireton in southern Vigo County where water is expected to rise.
All of that extra water is moving down stream and more rain is in the forecast.
Water is rising in Praireton near the Greenfield Bayou. Rain is forecasted through Saturday so we can expect flooding to remain an issue across the Wabash Valley.
Emergency Management officials have been working hard the past few days to provide sand bags to those who need them to keep water from flooding their properties.
People in this area say they are concerned about the rising water and are taking steps to move their belongings to higher ground.
And of course there are several roads closed because they are covered with water.
Always remember, do not drive through standing and flood water.
Storm Team 10 will continue to monitor this situation and get you the latest when information becomes available.
- Southern part of Wabash Valley now preparing for flooding
- Wabash Valley county added to list for emergency flood assistance
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Rain provides small relief to Wabash Valley
- Veterans Day in the Wabash Valley
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status
- March Madness heats up the Wabash Valley
- Demo started on Wabash Valley bar