VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The speed limit will see an increase on State Road 641.
On Thursday, the Indiana Department of Transportation will raise the speed limit on a stretch of the road from 55 mph to 65 mph.
This impacts 641 between U.S. 41 and Moyer Road.
INDOT says they conducted a study that showed the speed limit in the area should be increased.
The new signs will be installed on Thursday.
- Southern Vigo County road to receive higher speed limit
- Fire destroys southern Vigo County home
- '...the speed on State Road 641 needed to be raised.' Bypass speed limit jumps by 10 mph
- Tool to view Vigo County road closures
- Train speeding 50 mph over limit before deadly derailment
- Three vehicle accident Wednesday morning in southern Vigo County
- Three people hurt in southern Vigo County crash
- Plans underway for a new Menards in southern Vigo County
- Illinois man accused of sexual abuse receives higher charges
- Vigo Co. resident who use Obamacare have limited options