INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – (WTTV) Police say a woman was killed while waiting for help on westbound I-70 near the airport.
The crash occurred around 5:30 a.m. Authorities say a woman was parked in the emergency pull-off lane with an apparent flat tire near the ramp that leads to Ronald Reagan Parkway and the airport.
While waiting inside her SUV for help, a Ford black pickup truck came off WB I-70 and struck her on the driver’s side. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The male driver of the pickup truck was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
There are major backups in the area. Avoid it by using US-40 through Plainfield as an alternate route.
We will update this story when more information is made available.
- Police investigate fatal crash on WB I-70 near airport
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Heavy rain to blame for I-70 crash
- Driver in fatal I-70 crash identified, troopers say tire issue to blame
- All lanes reopen after Vigo County I-70 crash
- Names released after Clark County crash on I-70
- Police find 75 lbs of pot during I-70 traffic stop
- Illinois State Police working multiple crashes on I-70 in Clark County
- Crews forced to shut down westbound I-70 lanes to clear crash
- I-70 westbound closed near Plainfield after crash involving multiple semi trucks