PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Parke County Sheriff’s Office reports one person is facing charges after a stolen vehicle, pursuit and then crash.
Police report a vehicle was reported stolen just after 6 a.m. on Friday.
The victim reported his 2003 Dodge Neon was stolen from Superior Hardwoods in Montezuma. Just after 8 a.m. the vehicle was located traveling east on U.S. 36 near Midway Road.
Officials report the suspect took off when the deputy tried to make a traffic stop. The pursuit ended on south Cooke Road about two miles south of U.S. 36 when the Neon crashed into a mailbox, hit trees and landed in an embankment.
The suspect has been identified as Neal Wray, 30 of Montezuma. Wray was trapped in the vehicle and had to be removed by emergency crews.
Wray was taken to Regional Hospital in Terre Haute. Once he is released from the hospital, Wray will be charged with auto theft and resisting law enforcement.
Parke County Sheriff’s Office reports the stolen Neon was totaled in the accident.
- Parke County man facing charges after allegedly stealing a vehicle and leading police on a chase
- Terre Haute man facing charges in two counties after police report he stole a vehicle
- Rockville woman facing charges after hitting police vehicle
- Two arrested after chase ends in Parke County
- Hymera man arrested, facing drug charges after police stop
- Loogootee man accused of leading police on a chase that hit speeds over 100 mph
- Vigo County man already facing impersonation charge, arrested again
- One taken to hospital after Parke County vehicle accident
- Former coach faces charges
- VU students facing possible charges after altercation at Kimmell Park